AAP membership includes full access to National Federation of Paralegal Association ("NFPA") membership and benefits.
Most of NFPA's members are through over 50 member paralegal associations across the United States. Individual membership in any of our member associations includes membership with NFPA.
Member benefits include discounts on NFPA Annual Convention rates, annual Joint Conference rates and a subscription to the National Paralegal Reporter magazine as well as preferred rates at several retailers and web sites.
An AAP Membership also includes:
1) An excellent source of continuing legal education;
2) Networking with fellow paralegals;
3) Updated information about important issues concerning the profession;
4) Development of and opportunities to display your unique leadership abilities;
6) Job bank available for career opportunities;
7) Access to AAP members only website; see www.alaskaparaglegals.org; and
8) Membership in National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA), see www.paralegals.org, including a subscription to the National Paralegal Reporter.
1) Monthly CLE Luncheons
There are several opportunities to earn CLEs. AAP has a CLE luncheon on the 2nd Thursday of each month. This luncheon offers the opportunity to network with other paralegals or legal assistants in the area, to get to know other paralegals who may also work in your area of the law and offers 1 CLE credit per month. There are also volunteer opportunities. To find out more information about our monthly luncheons visit our Events page.
2) Spring CLE
AAP hosts a Spring CLE each year. This is a full-day seminar that offers a variety of speakers from different areas of the law. It is an opportunity to earn four to six CLE credits. The CLE also offers a chance to get to know other paralegals in the area. To find out more information about our Spring CLE visit our Events page.
3) National Federation of Paralegals Association CLEs
As members of the National Federation of Paralegals Association there are opportunities throughout the year to attend CLEs through webinars. There are many CLEs in various areas of the law. Past CLEs are archived for future review and upcoming CLEs are communicated to members. To find out more about the CLEs that NFPA offers visit Professional Development of the NFPA website.